There haven't been significant leaps in hi-fi recording technology since DSD was released at the turn of the century. Innovations that get us closer to closing our eyes and feeling like the musicians are right in front of us. We love music too much to give up on that "lost cause", so our mission is to pick back up the torch of innovating and evolving the recording of ultra high definition music. Maybe we're a little crazy. No. We're definitely a little crazy - but in a way that can help all of us audiophiles get one step closer to being in the room, next to the artists, experiencing the pure essence of our most beloved art form.
To make world-class recordings you need a state-of-the-art facility from which to record. One of the hallmarks of the new Octave Studios now under construction will be the implementation of a high-end two-channel audio system for monitoring and mixing.
Octave Records is committed to producing recordings of the most extraordinary quality - recordings that when played back on the world's finest two-channel high-end audio systems present themselves as if the musicians were actually in the room with you.
Because of Octave Records' uncompromising performance standards, it is not possible to use off-the-shelf-recording, mixing, and mastering equipment. We had to build our own from the ground up.
- Building all new state-of-the-art DSD A/D converters that capture every nuance of the musician's performance
- Building our own 32 channel recording boards
- Building our own 32 channel mixing consoles
- Pure DSD through the entire recording process
- All monitoring and mixing performed on state-of-the-art PS Audio FR30 full range loudspeakers and BHK 600 amplifiers. When it sounds right here, we guarantee it will sound right on your high-performance system
- Custom designed and built vacuum tube analog based reverb systems
- Recording room acoustically tuned for the most lifelike and natural presentation of music possible