Audiophile Masters Volume III
Audiophile Masters Volume III
State of the art audiophile recordings
Audiophile Masters, Volume III is available as a stereo SACD and download bundle and features 10 all-new high-performance tracks, ranging from Monica Marie Labonte's beautiful Loving You with Eric Wiggs on the dobro and Bradley Morse on the bass, to drummer Michelle Pietrafitta's powerful Moonbeam, and the finger-snapping jazz of the Seth Lewis Quintet. These extraordinary tracks were captured in pure DSD using Octave Records’ Sonoma DSD recording system at Animal Lane Studios in Lyons, Colorado by recording engineer Steven Vidaic and assisted by Giselle Collazo. Mastered by David Glasser, this is a limited edition Audiophile Masters that will be a must-have addition to anyone’s library. Reference quality tracks. Each and every one a sonic treasure.
Sale Sold out
Regular price $19.00 USD
Regular priceUnit price per
TALK TO A HI-FI SPECIALIST
|01 - Loving You|
|02 - Ship of Dreams|
|03 - Baba Yaga's Hut|
|04 - Moonbeam|
|05 - Fox Trail|
|06 - I Belong|
|07 - Airs chantes no. 4|
|08 - Arborvitae|
|09 - Last Chance|
|10 - Some Tyrant|
The original recording was brilliantly captured by Octave Records' engineer Steven Vidaic with assistance from Giselle Collazo at Animal Lane Studios in Lyons, Colorado. All tracks were captured directly from the analog microphone preamps (Grace, Manley, Forssell) into the Meitner A/D converters then into the Sonoma DSD recorder. Monitoring and rough mixing was performed on a Trident analog board. Once tracking was completed the DSD files were transferred to Steven Vidaic’s Locust Room where they were converted back to analog via synchronized 8 channel Meitner and Mytek D/A converters, to then be mixed on a Euphonix C2000 analog console and analog outboard processors. The final two-channel analog master is then converted back to DSD through the Meitner A/D converter before mastering.
- One pressing Austrian gold-pressed dual-layer SACD
- Pure DSD + PROMastered CD layers
- DVD data disc containing DSD64, DSDDirect Mastered 192kHz 24 bit, 96kHz 24 bit, 44.1kHz 16 bit PCM
- Pure DSD recorded on the Sonoma DSD system
- Mixed in analog on Octave Record's Studer 963 analog console
- DSD64, DSDDirect Mastered 192kHz 24 bit, 96kHz 24 bit, 44.1kHz 16 bit PCM download
- No compression in the mastering or mixing process
- CD layer of SACD playable on any CD player
- Mastering monitored through the PS Audio DirectStream DAC
- All tracks hand-curated on the Infinity IRSV in PS Audio's Music Room Two
- Limited edition one-pressing physical media
This is the best Octave compilation yet!
Thanks for this! Downloaded it and was immediately taken by the clarity and lush sounds I heard. A true reference album
Loving You is beautiful
Not sure who this singer is but what a voice. I love this track and my wife too. Amazing music. Thank you, Octave.
The drum track
Crank this one up as loud as you dare and listen to the inner details of the cymblas. I am impressed.
Thank you Octave
What a beautiful collection of music. It makes my system happy.