- Added a Solid State Drive (SSD) and put the Mac's operating system on that drive.
- Kept to 500GB hard drive with all my music
- Removed the internal power supply
- Added some proprietary filtering of the incoming DC power
- Added an external power supply
Mac Mini server
In an earlier post I detailed how to build a music server from a Mac Mini. It's now up on our How To Section of the website if you're interested. I was, at first, quite happy with the sound. That is until the new power amplifier and IRS V setup in Music Room One. The improved resolution of the system was such that I became unhappy with the straight Mac Mini sound. So, I sent it off to a modification service called YFS. Now it's back and sounding considerably better. Before modification I would have suggested the server sounded 70% as good as the PerfectWave Transport. Now, after modification, we're closer to 90%. Spitting distance. Here's what they did.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.