The PWT can play high-resolution audio files up to 192kHz 24 bits as long as they are on a DVD and are in the WAV format. Here is a guide to accomplish this task using a free Windows program called Ashampoo.
This How To document assumes you have already downloaded high resolution files to your computer in the popular FLAC format available from popular high resolution vendors.
Step by Step Procedure:
1. Download the free Ashampoo Burning Studio 10 from:
If the files are already in WAV format:
Create a new folder on your desktop, named WAV. Transfer the WAV files to it. Go to step 7
IF the files are in FLAC format:
2. Download dbPoweramp file conversion software from:
Pictorial instructions how to convert files are actually posted on their home website but we will also go over it in detail below.
3. Create and name two new folders on your desktop. Name one folder FLAC, name the other folder WAV.
CONVERT FLAC FILES TO WAV
4. Copy and Paste the FLAC music files you wish to burn to DVD into the folder named FLAC. Remember The Perfect Wave transport will only read files and cannot open folders to read the files inside. So only place the actual song files into the FLAC folder.
5. Open dbPoweramp software and select â€œdbPoweramp Music Converterâ€.
Point the software browser to the FLAC folder on your desktop.
Notice the FLAC files appear in the software window.
6. Highlight all the FLAC files that will be on the DVD and select â€œOPENâ€ near bottom of window.
A new window appears:
Select the : â€œConverting to:â€ bullet and select Wave
Select the â€œUncompressedâ€ bullet, and leave all options in default mode, which you will see (as source)
Select the â€œFolderâ€ bullet, click Browse, and select your new WAV folder on your desktop as your Output Location. (This is where your converted files will go.)
Select â€œConvert>>â€ at bottom of screen
You will notice the conversion taking place. When complete, you will have your music files converted to the WAV format in the WAV folder and ready to burn to DVD.
7. Burn the WAV files to DVD
Open Ashampoo Burning Studio 10
Select â€œExpert Functionsâ€ from the left side menu
Select â€œCreate a Data CD/DVD/Blu-ray Disc using advanced settingsâ€
A new window opens: choose No ISO (disabled), No Joliet (disabled), UDF 1.5
Leave all other settings at default and boxes unchecked, click NEXT
A new window opens, click ADD
An â€œAdd files and Foldersâ€ window appears
At â€œLook in:â€ find your WAVfolder, click on that WAV folder
Notice your songs appear in the box, select them all and click â€œaddâ€ then â€œFinishâ€ at bottom of screen
Notice a new window appears ready to burn the DVD
Window appears prompting you to insert a DVD
Click â€œWriteâ€, the DVD will start burning and notify you once complete.