Live at Nocturne
Live at Nocturne
Octave's first live recording!
Live at Nocturne is trumpet master Gabriel Mervine’s second album with Octave Records and our first live recording. This is an incredible performance that puts you in the nightclub with Gabriel, accordionist Alicia, and the band. Live at Nocturn transports us to a Parisian jazz cafe. Live, energetic, and fun, you’ve never heard anything quite like this stunning work. Music that’ll put a smile on your face and a song in your heart. Recorded live in pure DSD256, Gabriel Mervine’s latest album is a true collector’s item. This is a must-have live masterpiece from one of the hottest trumpet players in the world today.
Sale Sold out
Regular price $19.00 USD
Regular priceUnit price per
TALK TO A HI-FI SPECIALIST
|01 - Carioquinha|
|02 - Bossa Dorado|
|03 - Just One for Babik|
|04 - Menilmontant|
|05 - It Might As Well Be Spring|
|06 - Nuages|
|07 - Indifference|
|08 - Musette Soeur|
The recording was captured live in pure DSD256 by PS Audio's Paul McGowan, and mixed by Paul in Octave Studio's new state-of-the-art DSD facility. Monitor speakers were the aspen FR30. Microphones used:
- AKG C24 as the main stereo capture microphone placed in front of the group. All of Gabriel's horn was captured on this microphone.
- Geffels M930 on the accordion and vocal
- Neumann U67 on the bass
- DPA 4006a stereo pair overhead on the drums
- Manley Force Vacuum Tube
- Pyramix 14
- One pressing Austrian gold-pressed dual-layer SACD
- Pure DSD + PROMastered CD layers
- Pure DSD recorded on the Pyramix DSD256 system
- Mixed at Octave Studios on the aspen FR30 loudspeakers
- DSD64, DSD128, DSD256, DSDDirect Mastered 352.8kHz 24 bit, 176.4kHz 24 bit, 88.2kHz 24 bit, 44.1kHz 24 bit PCM available as downloads
- No compression in the mastering or mixing process
- CD layer of SACD playable on any CD player
- Mastering by Gus Skinas
- All tracks are hand-mixed on the aspen FR30 loudspeakers
- Limited edition one-pressing physical media
best live albums I've ever heard
Fantastic album! One of the very best if not best live albums I've ever heard. Almost like I was sitting in the front with Paul and friends!
I was stunned and awed by the quality and recording of this live jazz session
I received the Nocturne SACD for two days. I was stunned and awed by the quality and recording of this live jazz session. Clarity, openness, magnificent soundstage, air between the instruments, all the live ambiance, it is all there. I even dare to say it is maybe even better than “Jazz at the Pawnshop”(Vinyl 45Rpm). I would like to congratulate you and the whole Octave Records team for sharing this gem with the Audiophile Family.