Terms Of Service
1. Your Acceptance
Welcome to the Terms of Service for PS Audio Inc. a manufacturer and retailer of high-end audio products. This is an agreement (“Agreement”) between PS Audio Inc. a Colorado Corporation (“PS Audio Inc.”), the owner and operator of PS Audio Inc. (the “Site” and any “Services”) and you (“you” or “your” or “user(s)”), a user of the Site and Service. This Agreement is legally binding and governs your use of our Site and Service.
Throughout this document, the words “PS Audio Inc.,” “us,” “we,” and “our,” refer to our company, PS Audio Inc. and our website, www.psaudio.com, or our Service, as is appropriate in the context of the use of the words. All information submitted by you to us, such as data, text, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages, tags or other materials for hosting, display, and distribution shall be referred to as “Content”.
2. PS Audio Inc. Description of Service
PS Audio Inc. is a manufacturer of audio equipment, creator of online content, and retailer.
PS Audio Inc. Services are objects that define the scope of these Terms of Service.
PS Audio Inc. Services include our:
2. Out-of-Box Applications
3. Retail store
4. PowerPlay which collects user data on AC power usage and quality.
5. Musical tracks played including metadata from our digital audio products
but does not include:
- 1. PS Audio Inc. products or services for which separate terms are provided.
- 2. Third Party Products. These are third-party products or services that you may choose to integrate with PS Audio Inc. products or services.
3. User Accounts
During registration, we require that you provide us with your name, e-mail and address. We may also require additional information from you if necessary. Additionally, we may allow you to login through a third party social network such as Facebook. We have the final discretion in granting accounts and reserve the right to reject users without explanation. We reserve the right to reclaim any PS Audio Inc. usernames and other unique IDs on behalf of businesses or individuals that we believe may have trademark rights or other legal claims to them.
4. Your Responsibilities
You are responsible for your use of PS Audio Inc., and for any use of PS Audio Inc. made using your username and account. You agree not to access, copy, or use PS Audio Inc., including our intellectual property and trademarks, except as authorized by these Terms of Service or as otherwise authorized in writing by PS Audio Inc..
PS Audio Inc. is a community of users and we expect everyone to act reasonably and respectfully at all times during their use of our Site and Service. We’ve created a non-exhaustive list of responsibilities that you agree. By using our Site and Service you agree to the following:
1. You agree to act within the bounds of common decency when using our website, this includes refraining from posting illegal, pornographic, explicitly sexual, underage or otherwise distasteful Content;
2. You agree not to stalk, harass, bully or harm another individual;
3. You agree not to impersonate any person or entity or misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
4. You agree not to violate any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to PS Audio Inc.;
5. You agree not to collect or store personal information about other end users;
6. You agree not to interfere with or disrupt PS Audio Inc.;
7. You agree not to hack, spam or phish us or other members or users;
8. You agree to provide truthful and accurate Content on our forums or other media outreach platforms;
9. You agree to not violate any law or regulation and you are solely responsible for such violations;
10. You agree not to copy, modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, assign, distribute, reverse engineer, grant a security interest in, or otherwise transfer any right to the technology or software underlying our Sites or any of our Services;
11. You will not use our website to post any false, misleading, unlawful, defamatory, obscene, invasive, threatening, harassing, inflammatory, fraudulent, Content or information or post any information or Content about a company or individual;
12. You agree not to cause or aid in the cause of the destruction, manipulation, removal, disabling, or impairment of any portion of our website, including the de-indexing or de-caching of any portion of our website from a thirty party’s website, such as by requesting its removal from a search engine;
13. You will not infringe upon anybody’s intellectual property unless you have permission from the owner to use it in the specific manner that you used it;
14. You are expressly prohibited from accessing PS Audio Inc. through a virtual private network or by proxy.
5. User Posting on PS Audio Inc.
Any Content submitted by you will be owned by you. However, you hereby provide PS Audio Inc. with a non-exclusive license, which is mandatory in order for us to receive, host, process, distribute your content on/through our servers and make any alterations to your content on your behalf. PS Audio Inc. never uses your content in any unethical or disrespectful way.
You guarantee that your Content does not infringe on the intellectual property rights, privacy rights, publicity rights, or other legal rights of any third party.
You understand that when using the PS Audio Inc. Service you will be exposed to Content from a variety of sources, and that PS Audio Inc. is not responsible for the accuracy, usefulness, safety, or intellectual property rights of or relating to such Content, and that such Content is not the responsibility of PS Audio Inc.. You further understand and acknowledge that you may be exposed to Content that is inaccurate, offensive, indecent, or objectionable, and you agree to waive, and hereby do waive, any legal or equitable rights or remedies you have or may have against PS Audio Inc. with respect thereto, and agree to indemnify and hold PS Audio Inc., its Owners/Operators, affiliates, and/or licensors, harmless to the fullest extent allowed by law regarding all matters related to your use of the site.
6. License Grant
PS Audio Inc. and its affiliates reserves the rights to share the public content you create. PS Audio Inc. assigns a non-exclusive, fully-paid, royalty-free, irrevocable, world-wide, universal, transferable license to display, publicly perform, distribute, store, broadcast, transmit, reproduce, modify, prepare derivative works and otherwise use and reuse all or part of your content and anything we may make with your content through PS Audio Inc. or any other medium currently invented or invented in the future. Without this license PS Audio Inc. is unable to provide the service as it is.
If you reside in the EU or other countries that recognize unalienable moral rights, you grant us the broadest license that is legally allowed under the applicable law.
7. Content Posting Guidelines
As PS Audio Inc. and its social and media outlets are composed of a community of users, please be respectful to PS Audio Inc. and all other users when posting, submitting or creating any Content through PS Audio Inc.. When posting, submitting, or creating Content you agree that you will not:
1. Impersonate any person or entity or misrepresent their affiliation with a person or entity;
2. Post any Content that is disrespectful, harmful, harassing, discriminatory, defamatory, illegal, lewd, pornographic, unlawful, obscene, invasive, inflammatory, fraudulent, threatening, violent, distasteful, or otherwise hateful;
3. Post any false, misleading, or inaccurate Content;
4. Post any Content that infringes on the intellectual property rights or legal rights of third parties or other users;
5. Post any Content that contains personally sensitive information of a third party without their consent;
6. Post any Content that is not up to community standards.
If you believe that any Content posted on or through the PS Audio Inc. Service violates these guidelines, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We reserve the right to remove any Content that violates these guidelines or we may remove any Content at our discretion.
8. Intellectual Property Rights
The design of the PS Audio Inc. Service along with PS Audio Inc. created text, scripts, graphics, interactive features and the trademarks, service marks and logos contained therein (“Marks”), are owned by or licensed to PS Audio Inc., subject to copyright and other intellectual property rights under United States, EU and foreign laws and international conventions. The Service is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use only. PS Audio Inc. reserves all rights not expressly granted in and to the Service and the Site. You agree to not engage in the use, copying, or distribution anything contained within the Site or Service unless we have given you express written permission.
9. Your Use of our Site
Our Site and Service are provided “as-is”. We may at our discretion and without notice to you change, modify, interrupt or terminate our Site and Service. You agree that our Service may not always be error free, continuous or undisrupted. We will not be responsible for backing up or storing anything created on our Site. You are solely responsible for backing up, storing or otherwise creating copies of any work created on our Site and Service.
You agree not to distribute any Content found on our Site and Service without our prior written authorization. You agree not to access Content through any technology or means other than through our Site or Service or otherwise authorized by us.
10. Limitations on Liability
IN NO EVENT SHALL PS Audio Inc., ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, OR AGENTS, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM ANY (I) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT, (II) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF OUR SERVICES, (III) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SECURE SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION AND/OR FINANCIAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN, (IV) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM OUR SERVICES, (IV) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE, WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH OUR SERVICES BY ANY THIRD PARTY, AND/OR (V) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED, EMAILED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA THE SERVICES, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT THE COMPANY IS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE FOREGOING LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW IN THE APPLICABLE JURISDICTION.
YOU SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT PS Audio Inc. SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR CONTENT OR THE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE, OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY AND THAT THE RISK OF HARM OR DAMAGE FROM THE FOREGOING RESTS ENTIRELY WITH YOU.
IN THE EVENT OF ANY PROBLEM WITH THIS WEB SITE OR ANY CONTENT, YOU AGREE THAT YOUR SOLE REMEDY IS TO CEASE USING THIS WEB SITE. IN THE EVENT OF ANY PROBLEM WITH THE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES THAT YOU HAVE PURCHASED ON OR THROUGH THIS WEB SITE, YOU AGREE THAT YOUR SOLE REMEDY, IF ANY, IS FROM THE MANUFACTURER OF SUCH PRODUCTS OR SUPPLIER OF SUCH SERVICES, IN ACCORDANCE WITH SUCH MANUFACTURER’S OR SUPPLIER’S WARRANTY.PS Audio Inc. IS NOT LIABLE TO YOU OR TO THIRD PARTIES FOR ANY DAMAGE, HARM, INJURY OR CLAIM THAT ARISES FROM YOUR USE OF ANY PRODUCTS PURCHASED FROM OUR SITE.
For your convenience, the following are some important details of this Agreement that affect your rights and remedies:
1. The website’s public areas include areas where members may post user generated Content. We are not responsible for the posting of any of this Content or information;
2. We are not required to or under any obligation to review, screen, edit, monitor, or remove any member Content posted on our website and we reserve the absolute right to remove, screen, or edit any Content at any time and for any reason without any notice to you or any party affected;
3. We take no responsibility and assume no liability for any user Content that is posted, stored, uploaded, or transmitted to us, or for any loss or damages that may occur because such member Content including, but not limited to defamation, slander, libel, falsehoods, obscenity, or profanity;
4. We take no responsibility and assume no liability for any claim, action, petition, demand for arbitration or lawsuit alleging injury or damage resulting from any use of PS Audio Inc., whether arising in tort or contract, law or equity;
5. You agree not to hold any other user liable for any negative or critical comments except you are not obligated to release any other member who submits Content that violate any of PS Audio Inc.’s Terms of Service or other policies stated anywhere on its website;
6. PS Audio Inc. is not liable under any circumstances to any user for any Content submitted by another member, even if that Content violates PS Audio Inc.’ Terms of Service or other policies, and PS Audio Inc. takes no action to remove that Content, terminate that member’s account or any action whatsoever;
7. Your ability to use or interact with this website is a privilege, not a right, and we reserve the right to take any action that we deem proper, without notice, to prevent any violation, enforce any provision, or rectify any alleged violations of this Agreement or any applicable law at our sole discretion.
PS Audio Inc. shall not be liable for any other reason or for damages, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages. In the event that this clause is prohibited or restricted by applicable law, our liability shall be limited to the lowest legally required amount. The Service is controlled and offered by PS Audio Inc. from its facilities in the United States. PS Audio Inc. makes no representations that the Service is appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who access or use the Service from other jurisdictions do so at their own volition and are responsible for compliance with local law.
11. Representations and Warranties
WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES AS TO THE MERCHANTABILITY OF OUR SERVICE OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE. WE DISCLAIM ALL OTHER WARRANTIES EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED IN REGARDS TO OUR SITE AND SERVICE. YOU AGREE THAT YOU ARE RELEASING US FROM ANY LIABILITY THAT WE MAY OTHERWISE HAVE TO YOU IN RELATION TO OR ARISING FROM THIS AGREEMENT OR OUR SERVICES, FOR REASONS INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, FAILURE OF OUR SERVICE, NEGLIGENCE, OR ANY OTHER TORT. TO THE EXTENT THAT APPLICABLE LAW RESTRICTS THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY, YOU AGREE THAT WE ARE ONLY LIABLE TO YOU FOR THE MINIMUM AMOUNT OF DAMAGES THAT THE LAW RESTRICTS OUR LIABILITY TO, IF SUCH A MINIMUM EXISTS.
YOU AGREE THAT WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE IN ANY WAY FOR DAMAGES CAUSED BY THIRD PARTIES WHO MAY USE OUR SERVICES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO PEOPLE WHO COMMIT INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY INFRINGEMENT, DEFAMATION, TORTIOUS INTERFERENCE WITH ECONOMIC RELATIONS, OR ANY OTHER ACTIONABLE CONDUCT TOWARDS YOU.
WE ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY FAILURE OF THE GOODS OR SERVICES OF OUR COMPANY OR A THIRD PARTY, INCLUDING ANY FAILURES OR DISRUPTIONS, UNTIMELY DELIVERY, SCHEDULED OR UNSCHEDULED, INTENTIONAL OR UNINTENTIONAL, ON OUR WEBSITE WHICH PREVENT ACCESS TO OUR WEBSITE TEMPORARILY OR PERMANENTLY.
THE PROVISION OF OUR SERVICE TO YOU IS CONTINGENT ON YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THIS AND ALL OTHER SECTIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT. NOTHING IN THE PROVISIONS OF THIS “REPRESENTATIONS & WARRANTIES” SECTION SHALL BE CONSTRUED TO LIMIT THE GENERALITY OF THE FIRST PARAGRAPH OF THIS SECTION.
For Jurisdictions that do not allow us to limit our liability: Notwithstanding any provision of these Terms, if your jurisdiction has provisions specific to waiver or liability that conflict with the above then our liability is limited to the smallest extent possible by law. Specifically, in those jurisdictions not allowed, we do not disclaim liability for: (a) death or personal injury caused by its negligence or that of any of its officers, employees or agents; or (b) fraudulent misrepresentation; or (c) any liability which it is not lawful to exclude either now or in the future.
IF YOU ARE A RESIDENT OF A JURISDICTION THAT REQUIRES A SPECIFIC STATEMENT REGARDING RELEASE THEN THE FOLLOWING APPLIES. FOR EXAMPLE, CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS MUST, AS A CONDITION OF THIS AGREEMENT, WAIVE THE APPLICABILITY OF CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE SECTION 1542, WHICH STATES, “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.” YOU HEREBY WAIVE THIS SECTION OF THE CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE. YOU HEREBY WAIVE ANY SIMILAR PROVISION IN LAW, REGULATION, OR CODE THAT HAS THE SAME INTENT OR EFFECT AS THE AFOREMENTIONED RELEASE.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless PS Audio Inc., its parent corporation, officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees) arising from:
1. your use of and access to the PS Audio Inc. Service;
2. your violation of any term of these Terms of Service;
3. your violation of any third party right, including without limitation any copyright, property, or privacy right; or
4. any claim that one of your Content caused damage to a third party. This defense and indemnification obligation will survive these Terms of Service and your use of the PS Audio Inc. Service.
You also agree that you have a duty to defend us against such claims and we may require you to pay for an attorney(s) of our choice in such cases. You agree that this indemnity extends to requiring you to pay for our reasonable attorneys’ fees, court costs, and disbursements. In the event of a claim such as one described in this paragraph, we may elect to settle with the party/parties making the claim and you shall be liable for the damages as though we had proceeded with a trial.
By uploading your content to the Services, you agree that you have:
a) all necessary licenses and permissions to use and share your content
b) the rights necessary to grant the licenses in these terms
13. Third Party Links
We may link to third party websites from our own website. We may affiliate links to third party websites. We have no control over, and are not responsible for, these third party websites or their use of your personal information. We do not endorse, recommend or vouch for the security of such websites. We recommend that you review their terms of service and privacy policies before accessing and using the third party site.
Additionally, users may be able to post third party links through Content submitted to our Site. We are not responsible for such links and do not monitor the posting of such links. Please exercise caution when clicking on such links as they may cause harm to your computer. We may affiliate posted third party links.
14. Freedom of Speech
At PS Audio Inc. we allow users on our forums to create Content which is user-generated and respect the fundamental right to speak freely. However, this is an online community so please be respectful and reasonable while communicating with others. Since third parties independently upload their Content to our Service, we are not liable for any defamatory Content posted on our website if published by a third party. We are a passive service that only hosts Content generated by users we do not alter or produce any Content submitted. Although we may choose to edit or delete any clearly defamatory or illegal Content, we are not required to, and we reserve all defenses for such speech made available to us by Directive 2000/31/EC or Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, applicable statutes, the common law and any laws within the European Union or the US Constitution.
We may use additional technologies or processes to screen for certain types of illegal content or other abusive content or behavior.
15. Copyright Notices
We take copyright infringement very seriously, and we have registered a Registered Copyright Agent with the United States Copyright Office, which limits our liability under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. If you live within the US or own any copyrighted material within the US and believe that your copyright has been infringed, please send us a message which contains:
1. Your name.
2. The name of the party whose copyright has been infringed, if different from your name.
3. The name and description of the work that is being infringed.
4. The location on our website of the infringing copy.
5. A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted work described above is not authorized by the copyright owner (or by a third party who is legally entitled to do so on behalf of the copyright owner) and is not otherwise permitted by law.
6. A statement that you swear, under penalty of perjury, that the information contained in this notification is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or have an exclusive right in law to bring infringement proceedings with respect to its use.
You must sign this notification and send it to our Copyright Agent, email@example.com or through the post at Copyright Agent, PS Audio Inc. 4856 Sterling Drive, Boulder, Colorado, 80301.
Although, the EU does not have a formalized copyright notification procedure, please use the procedure set forth above if you are a resident of the EU.
16. COPPA Compliance
PS Audio Inc. and its Services may only be used by persons 13 years and older. PS Audio Inc. in no way targets children under the age of 13. If you are under 13 please stop using our site immediately and do not submit any information to us.
17. Choice of Law
This Agreement shall be governed by the laws in force in Colorado. The offer and acceptance of this contract is deemed to have occurred in Colorado.
18. Forum of Dispute
You agree that any dispute arising from or relating to this Agreement will be heard solely by a court of competent jurisdiction in or nearest to Boulder, Colorado. If you bring a dispute in a manner other than in accordance with this section, you agree that we may move to have it dismissed, and that you will be responsible for our reasonable attorneys’ fees, court costs, and disbursements in doing so.
You agree that the unsuccessful party in any dispute arising from or relating to this Agreement will be responsible for the reimbursement of the successful party’s reasonable attorneys’ fees, court costs, and disbursements.
You may only resolve disputes with us on an individual basis and may not bring a claim as a plaintiff or a class member in a class, consolidated, or representative action.
19. Force Majeure
You agree that we are not responsible to you for anything that we may otherwise be responsible for, if it is the result of events beyond our control, including, but not limited to, acts of God, war, insurrection, riots, terrorism, crime, labor shortages (including lawful and unlawful strikes), embargoes, postal disruption, communication disruption, failure or shortage of infrastructure, shortage of materials, or any other event beyond our control.
In the event that a provision of this Agreement is found to be unlawful, conflicting with another provision of the Agreement, or otherwise unenforceable, the Agreement will remain in force as though it had been entered into without that unenforceable provision being included in it.
If two or more provisions of this Agreement are deemed to conflict with each other’s operation, PS Audio Inc. shall have the sole right to elect which provision remains in force.
We reserve all rights permitted to us under this Agreement as well as under the provisions of any applicable law. Our non-enforcement of any particular provision or provisions of this Agreement or any applicable law should not be construed as our waiver of the right to enforce that same provision under the same or different circumstances at any time in the future.
22. Our Termination and Cancellation Rights
We may terminate or suspend service or your account or any other provision of services to you at our discretion without explanation and notice, though we will strive to provide a timely explanation in most cases. If you wish to terminate this Agreement or your PS Audio Inc. account, you are solely responsible for properly canceling your account. All provisions of this Agreement which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
You may not assign your rights and/or obligations under this Agreement to any other party without our prior written consent. We may assign our rights and/or obligations under this Agreement to any other party at our discretion.
We may amend this Agreement from time to time. When we amend this Agreement, we will update this page and indicate the date that it was last modified. You may refuse to agree to the amendments, but if you do, you must immediately cease using our website and our Service. You must visit this page each time you come to our website and read and agree to it if the date it was last modified is more recent than the last time you agreed to the Agreement.
25. California Users and Residents
Pursuant to California Civil Code Section 1789.3, any questions about pricing, complaints, or inquiries about PS Audio Inc. must be addressed to our agent for notice and sent via certified mail to: PS Audio Inc. 4826 Sterling Dr. Boulder, Colorado, 80301.
Lastly, California users are also entitled to the following specific consumer rights notice: The Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs may be contacted in writing at 1625 North Market Blvd., Sacramento, CA 95834, or by telephone at (916) 445-1254 or (800) 952-5210.
Last Modified: May 23, 2018