What will the audiophile section of heaven be like? Andy pondered it briefly in Issue 149, and pays another visit here:
- There will be a Hawaiian lagoon with PerfectWaves controlled by Paul McGowan.
- All the floors are made from vintage Magneplanar woofer panels powered by Audio Research all-vacuum-tube monoblock amps from 1978.
- Everyone has Eames chairs in their listening rooms and they never, ever hurt.
- No one can speak any four-letter word with “os” in the middle, like “Bose.”
- CDs last forever but no one cares.
- Plasma tweeters are still a thing.
- Saying the words “psychologically irrelevant” gets you a celestial time out.
- Cables do not matter, ever; but they are all very thin and cheap.
- Ivor Tiefenbrun spells angel “ainjell.”
- Record cleaning fluid flows from a natural fountain, works flawlessly, tastes like Louis XIII, and is free.
Header image: Hawaiian lagoon, courtesy of Pixabay.com/Michelle Raponi.