A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register sp_MemberList Members

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
S300 beta review
fantastic amp
Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 (0 votes) 
March 10, 2017
10:26 pm

Forum Posts: 1
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I’m not adept at audiophile descriptions so I’ll keep this relatively short. I replaced a modded HCA-2 with the S300 and have been mightily impressed. Most noticeable has been the blackness and silence of the background. That might have been a function of the mods done to the HCA-2, which I did love but always had a slight hum. The S300 is dead silent. Amazing soundstage and definition between instruments. Perhaps slightly dry but not overly analytical. I’ll take the amazing detail on well-recorded material over warmth hiding poor recordings. I have plenty of poorly recorded albums that I love, I still can listen to them with this amp. The trade off is that well-recorded material sounds unreal. I hear things I never heard before! I’m impressed, and the music sounds wonderful. Thank you!

My system РJA Michell Tecnodec and PS Audio Nuwave front end, Emotiva XSP-1 preamp, PS Audio S300, Alon Mark IV speakers 

March 11, 2017
9:03 am

Forum Leader
Forum Posts: 7879
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Welcome, watts72!

Your description is excellent. :)